Best Asparagus Soup Recipe EVER
February 10, 2010
I guarantee this recipe will impress, even the people who don’t like asparagus. My Grandmother, Mother, Husband and even my weird Uncle request this soup at family get-togethers.
- 1 pound fresh asparagus
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice- or more to taste
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Place asparagus and onion in a saucepan with 1/2 cup chicken broth. Bring the broth to a boil, reduce heat and let simmer until the vegetables are tender.
- Place tender vegetable mixture in an electric blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
- Stir the vegetable puree, remaining 1 1/4 cups of chicken broth into the saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and add milk. Then whisk yogurt into the mixture, followed by lemon juice. Stir until heated through, then ladle into bowls. Garnish with Parmesan cheese or flavored croutons if desired.